Granny Smith Apple - 500 G
Try these tasty ways to eat more Granny Smith apples:
- Eat it raw.
- Toss diced Granny Smiths into salad, oatmeal or stir fry.
- Caramelize Granny Smith wedges with 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan until softened and browned, add a sprinkling of cinnamon and top plain or frozen yogurt.
- Add sliced apple to grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Toss one shredded apple into coleslaw for a hint of sweet tartness.
- Chop peeled apple and add to fruit smoothies.
- Make a baked apple breakfast. Core a Granny Smith as far as within an inch of the bottom, creating a pocket. Fill the pocket with a tablespoon each of raisins and old fashioned oats and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Place in a baking dish lined with foil, pour 1⁄4 cup of water around the apple and turn up foil edges to form a cup. Top the apple with a pat of butter and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, until soft.